The leaves are changing and the scenery is the perfect backdrop for your Fall wedding. Check out some of our favorite Fall Wedding trends–bold accent colors, natural and organic decor, dinner served family style, and naked cakes. Coordinate these trends with your tuxedo accessories and bridesmaid dresses.
Pump up that color! — Go bold with saturated jewel tones and earthy shades to create a color-rich palette for your wedding. Mix colors such as emerald green and rich chocolate or combine nature and leave-inspired oranges and reds with a deep purple.
Move over Burlap! — Though burlap and lace continue to be a huge trend, wood grain, foliage and fern motifs are gaining popularity. Acorns, leaves and garland are other motifs making a statement this season on invitations, escort cards and menus.
Mmmm…Comfort Foods! — Instead of going with the typical plated dinner or buffet-style, what about allowing your guests to dine “family style?” This unique dining experience allows your guests to dig into large platters right at their table.
Light it up! — Create an intimate feeling with candlelight—and we mean lots of candlelight! Line the aisle, adorn your tables, hang them from trees…Candles are an inexpensive way to create a romantic and charming ambiance for your reception.
Back to Basics! — Simplify your cake and skip the dramatic sugar flowers and intricate details. This season simple textured buttercream adorns some of our favorite cakes. Also big this season… Naked cakes…or non-frosted cakes layered and filled with fruit preserves.
Working on finalizing your wedding budget? Don’t forget to consider a few of these things so you don’t bust your budget.
- Postage is pricey! –– Did you know square invitations mailed in square envelopes cost more to mail? Because these envelopes have to be hand-stamped at the post office, they require more postage. Save on stamps and keep your invitations a standard size.
- Blooming Bouquets –– Not all flowers are in season all year long. Keep this in mind when picking your blooms.
- Add in Alterations –– Consider yourself extremely lucky if your wedding gown fits your figure flawlessly. Most wedding gowns do not come with a bustle (the mechanism made of ribbons, buttons or ties that keeps your train out of your way after photos and the ceremony). Don’t forget to allow room in your budget for alterations (and this goes for your girls/maids too!)
- Don’t forget to Tip — Your vendors have worked extremely hard to make your day perfect! Don’t forget to tip them for going that extra mile (and don’t forget to add this into your budget). Not sure who to tip? Check out our previous blog post for suggestions.
- A Planner is worth every Penny!! –– Though you may be able to plan your wedding without any extra help, at least hire a Day-of Coordinator! Allow yourself and your family to enjoy every moment and let the day-of coordinator do the dirty work of decorating, filling the punch bowl and lighting your (hundred) tealights throughout the night. You have spent hours, days, even months planning your special day…now take time to enjoy all of your hard work. Our preferred vendors can help with completing all of your wedding details
Want to spice up your wedding color palette but are nervous you will over do it?
Keep it classic, basic and neutral and add a pop of color in these fun and unexpected places.
- “Play footsie” – Make a bold and surprising statement and have your groomsmen wear a fun pair of colored socks with their tuxedo.
- “Let’s hear it for your Girls” – Want to keep your bridesmaid dresses neutral? How about adding your accent in the dress worn by your flower girl?
- “Flower power” – Want to add a feminine color such as lilac or carnation to your color scheme, but don’t necessarily want your groomsmen wearing it from head to toe? Add a subtle pop to their tuxedo with a pocket square or as an accent ribbon on their boutonniere.
- “Piece of cake” – Leave your guests in awe as they watch you cut into your colorful layers of cake. Ask your pastry chef or cake baker to create a custom cake with layers matching your wedding colors.
- “Ruby (insert your accent color here) Slippers” – Play up your look by adding a pop of color in your heels…or wear those fancy cowgirl boots for a rustic look.
Our preferred vendors can help put a little pizzazz in your wedding.
Want your wedding dress to make a statement? Check out these wedding dress trends…
- Keyhole and plunging backs – Make a statement while standing at the alter and wear a gown with an open or keyhole back. Often adorned with with lace details or sparkle, these gowns are sure to flaunt your figure and show off your sexy silhouette.
- Illusion necklines – Moving away from the typical strapless gown, many brides are choosing gowns with lacy straps or Illusion necklines. These elegant dresses are classy and sophisticated.
- The New White – Though some gowns are gorgeous in white, ivory- and champagne-colored gowns are seemingly more popular these days. Blush and nude colored wedding gowns are also flooding the runway.
- Fashionable Fabrics – Move over satin, taffeta and chiffon…there are new bolts are fabrics designers are playing with this season. From sparkle and shimmering tulle to lace with 3D accents and flowers, designers are creating gorgeous gowns with incredible unique details.
Call to make your appointment today and check out our fabulous selection of amazing wedding dresses. Click here to make an appointment.
Don’t know the difference between a suit and a tuxedo? Let us help decipher between these two formal looks…
“Typically tuxedos have satin facing lapels, buttons, pocket trim, and a satin side stripe down the leg of the trousers.” Say what??? Here’s the difference so YOU can understand it…
Buttons – The buttons of a tuxedo are usually covered in satin. Suits don’t incorporate satin and usually have either plastic buttons or buttons faced with the same fabric as the coat (otherwise known as self buttons).
Lapel – The lapel or collar on the tuxedo jacket is accented with satin or another fabric detail. Sometimes the entire lapel is made of satin, other times it is accented with a fabric trim or ribbon detail. The lapel on a suit jacket matches the fabric of the suit.
Accessories – Cufflinks and button studs are usually worn with a tuxedo. Tuxedos are traditionally worn with bow ties and a vest or cummerbund, while suits are traditionally worn with a long tie, alone or with a matching vest. That’s not to say you can’t wear a bow tie with a suit or a long tie with a tuxedo, however. You can! There are exceptions to every rule!
Pants – Tuxedo pants feature a thin satin strip down the outer leg of the pant.
(And while we are talking pants, don’t forget…there are rarely belt loops on formal pants so make sure and ask for suspenders if you need them.)
Occasions Bridal and Event’s Boutique carries a large variety of suits and tuxedos in many different colors and styles. Come into our shop, call us at 970-764-4939, OR check them out in our online tuxedo catalog!
Don’t let your fingers do the walking! Choose your wedding dress in-store and NOT on-line!!
Choosing your wedding dress is one of the most exciting steps in planning your wedding! Enjoy the experience of actually trying on wedding gowns instead of just flipping through pictures.
There are numerous benefits of shopping in-store rather than online! Because you can physically try the gowns while in-store, you are sure to know the fit, style, the quality of fabric, color and details. Keep in mind, though the gown looks gorgeous online in pictures, it may not look flattering on your figure. There is no one-style-suits-all wedding dress, and there’s no way to be sure how it will look on you unless you try it on.
“But the prices are much cheaper online!” you may say! It cannot be stressed enough—if the price seems too good to be true…IT IS! While it may be tempting to buy your gown online at a lower cost, the risk involved is too great! Yes, you may be in the extremely low percentage that it might work out perfectly, but the chances are greater that it will not. This is not a blouse or a pair of shoes…this is your wedding gown! So, say “No” to the dress online! There are hundreds of knock-off sites stealing pictures from designers and attempting to recreate these gowns. Beware!
What happens when you order online and the dress doesn’t fit or you never get it in the mail? Chances are, if you end up getting your gown you will need alterations due to the poor construction and fit. Many brides often spend the money they saved (plus more) on alterations…or they end up buying a completely different dress. If you buy cheap…you buy twice!
Don’t take the risk and buy online! Make an appointment today with the fabulous girls at Occasions Bridal and Events Boutique. With a warm, inviting and friendly atmosphere, you are sure to find that PERFECT wedding dress while having a memorable experience. Can you say that for an online store?
To make an appointment today click here! We look forward to helping you!
Want to make your wedding stand out from the crowd? Check out a few of our favorite and unique ways to really personalize your wedding day!
Let our preferred vendors make your wedding day dreams come true.
What is the biggest myth about wedding planners?
That you don’t need one!!!
Why hire a wedding coordinator?
It cannot be stressed enough, hiring a wedding planner will alleviate stress, allow you to relax and most of all give you time to enjoy (and remember) your wedding day. Often times, brides spend months planning one of the most memorable days of their lives and leave the last minute details to their family and friends. Remember, your family and friends are guests too! Allow them to celebrate and enjoy your wedding with you. Leave the little details and the day-of tasks to your wedding coordinator!
Can’t necessarily afford a full-blown wedding planner? How about a day-of coordinator?
What is a day-of coordinator?
There is a happy medium between hiring a full-service planner and winging it all on your own, and that is the day-of coordinator. A day-of wedding coordinator can be a huge asset for those couples who’s budget cannot accommodate a full-blown wedding coordinator. A day-of coordinator actually spends more than just the “day-of” helping you plan your wedding, but is much more affordable.
And what does a day-of coordinator do?
Your day-of wedding coordinator will coordinate the logistics of your wedding day to ensure everything runs exactly how you envisioned. From the arrival times of the florist and DJ, transportation pick up and drop offs, setting up small décor items and placecards, getting you and your wedding party down aisle, helping your guests know what to do and where to go, packing all your gifts and goodies at the end of the night and everything in-between, your day-of coordinator will take care of it all.
Who should hire a day-of coordinator?
Every couple planning their own wedding should hire a day-of coordinator. Planning the entire wedding without a coordinator is already stressful enough, so the least you can do is hire someone who can handle the stress of the day…so you don’t have to! Your peace of mind will be worth every penny! Instead of worrying when the cake is to arrive, you can enjoy sipping champagne with your mom and maids!
What if the venue claims to already include a coordinator?
Some couples choose to forgo a day-of coordinator because their reception venue includes a coordinator. Although this may sound similar to a day-of coordinator, beware: it is not the same. Though this person is a great assest, he/she will be busy keeping the venue staff organized…he/she may not have time to assist the groom in tying his tie or calling the late to arrive photographer.
Check out our list of preferred vendors who can help with your wedding planning.
With spring upon us, wedding season is in full bloom! Check out these fun and unique wedding color combinations that are becoming popular! From bright and bold to subtle and subdued these color combinations are perfect for your big day!
– Mint and Sorbet –
– Lemon and Lime –
– Fuchsia and Navy –
– Black and Gold –
– Citrus and Aqua –
– Rose and Gold –
Our bridesmaid dresses and tuxedo accessories can coordinate perfectly with you wedding colors. Schedule an style consultation appointment today.
You want your wedding to be perfect! Check out this list of wedding day Do’s and Don’ts to ensure your wedding is infused with personal touches and goes off without a hitch!
- Don’t—spend your wedding day on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We know you have been waiting a long time to change your relationship status to “married,” please save it for the next day. Be in the moment and spend time connecting face to face with your loved ones and your new husband.
- Don’t—forget to eat throughout the day and at your reception. It can be easy to neglect to eat with all the anticipation, but a few glasses of champagne can be dangerous on an empty stomach and no one wants a fainting bride at the alter.
- Don’t—forget to give your speakers a time limit for their toasts. Your guests will thank you, and it will keep your reception feeling more like a party and less like a presentation.
- Don’t—feel like you have to stick with traditions or current trends. If feeling like a big white dress and tossing your bouquet is simply not you, skip it. If you prefer white wine and red velvet cupcakes to cocktail hour and a candy bar, do it! Remember: it’s your day, and you decide what happens.
- Don’t— sweat the small stuff! Be prepared for some things to go unexpected. Just remember it will not be a big deal when they do. Whatever it is, you’ll look back on it and laugh, so enjoy your day in spite of whatever did not go as planned.
- Do–infuse you and your fiancé’s personalities into every aspect of your big day. Incorporate your favorite foods during cocktail hour or give thoughtful favors that bring both your personalities into the mix.
- Do—practice walking around in your shoes a few times before your big day. Believe it or not, even ballet flats can give you blisters if not broken in. If you happen to be doing chores around the house, slip on your shoes to ensure you will be able to dance the night away.
- Do—choose a hair and makeup style similar to your everyday look, with a touch of upgraded glamour. We guarantee your fiancé wants to see YOU walking down the aisle. You will be much happier looking back on your pictures a few years from now.
- Do— be up front with your vendors about what you expect. For example, provide a “don’t” play list for your DJ/ Band or have a “must take” list for your photographer so everything is how you envisioned it.
- Do—remember to send Thank-You notes to those who made your day so special. Did you develop a great relationship with the coordinator or photographer? Let them know how much you appreciate their hard work! Kind words are always appreciated.
- Do—HIRE WEDDING PROFESSIONALS! Professional wedding vendors will help alleviate the stress and make sure your event is a success. Check out our list of preferred vendors.